Many parents need help, friendship, advice or support during those early years when children are young. As long as there is one child under 5 years of age Home Start can provide you with help and support.
Parents ask for Home-Start's help for all sorts of reasons:
- They may feel isolated in their community, have no family nearby and be struggling to make friends
- They may be finding it hard to cope because of their own or a child's physical or mental illness
- They may have been hit hard by the death of a loved one
- They may be really struggling the with emotional and physical demands of having twins or triplets - perhaps born into an already large family
We help to increase the confidence and independence of families by:
- Visiting families in their own homes to offer support, friendship and practical assistance
- Reassuring parents that their childcare problems are not unusual or unique
- Encouraging parents' strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their children
- Trying to get the fun back into family life
Click here to visit the website for Home Start Colchester.
2 Thomas Court
Tel: 01206 865349
Fax: 01206 865351
Or to find your local Home Start team in a different area please click here to visit the national Home Start website.
Families in Focus
Families in Focus are independent parent led registered charity providing holistic support to families of children with disabilities and special needs (aged 0 to 19) across Essex.
They provide advice, information and support and is accessible to all families from Essex whatever their background, as long as at least one child or young person in the family between the age of 0 to 19 has a disability or special need aiming to give caring, practical and confidential support whilst empowering families, in a non-threatening way, to consider the choices available to them and make the best use of available services.
Click here to visit the website for Families in Focus
Families InFocus (Essex)
140 Mildmay Road
Telephone: 01245 353575